MIDDLEBURGH PHOTOS

about me | my other blog | Flickr

  Creative Commons 2.5 License

Mouse over Images to see full size

  • Middleburgh Blog Background -September 2006 In September the British Curry Awards 2006 were held in London and here in Hong Kong I coincidentally celebrated the local Indian restaurant in Aberdeen. A visitor to the site commented on how yummy the dishes looked and whether the restaurant delivered ? The visitor's IP address indicated he/she were in the US.This month the site also got picked up and linked (albeit only for a short while) to a curry search engine (oh happy days)
  • Temp background for Middleburgh Blog when I came to change the background in August 2006I realised that whilst I had lots to choose from; none had been scanned so this is and will be in future the "filler" I happen to have a photo of he window display of the local PC consumables shop (don’t ask why) Shows Cybercop post
  • July 2006 background for Middleburgh blog KFC and Big Mac ran 2006 World Cup promotions in July. At Big Mac you got a free "country" card for every meal over 17$. If your "country" got into last 8 you could redeem card for a freebie. The marketeers had associated products with countries ie France has "french fries"; Italy had icecream (gelato) etc. Of the 31 cards 17 were "burgers". Interestingly none of counties which got to semifinals was a "burger" . A friend asked whether this said something about the marketeers forecasting capabilities or whether it was a hidden message about future company product policy. The image shows the "Nation Mourns" post
  • June 2006 Background for Middleburgh blog Since june I have basically floated a tabbed view port over a changeable background image; The challenge was to find intresting throwaway images. The inspiration to use restaurant place mats came whilst waiting for supper one evening. The local KFC had rejected this particular background because it contained a printing error - Nothing had been printed in the "bubble" They kindly gave it to me . This screen capture shows "July 1 2006 HK" post
  • Pre June 2006 Middleburgh blog: In my son's opinion my blog pre june 2006 was "naff". In retrospect I have to agree with them. Mind you they haven't said anything positive about the recent interations.

posted by David Middleburgh on Friday, August 11, 2006 Permalink