MIDDLEBURGH PHOTOS

about me | my other blog | Flickr

  Creative Commons 2.5 License


Use
F11 to toggle toolbars,Place mouse over image to enlarge

Private Hawley

Private Hawley posing in Hussars Uniform
family photos - D.Middleburgh

My grandfather John Edward Hawley (sitting down) enlisted into the 14th (Kings) Hussars in January 1905 when he was just over 16 years old. He gave this photograph to my grandmother. I don't know who the other chap (not in uniform), is, possibly a friend or brother.

Hawley at Colchester

Hawley at Colchester
family photos - D.Middleburgh

My grandfather in uniform (14th (Kings) Hussars). He has filled out compared to first photo . This photograph was taken in Colchester so he was in Colchester Barracks at some point, possibly passing through to India where his Regiment was sent in 1906

John Edward Hawley 41971 5th Sqdn Machine Gun Corp (Cavalry)

J E Hawley 5th Sqdn Machine Gun Corp (Cavalry)
family photos - D.Middleburgh

My grandfather got the 1914 (Mons) Star with Clasp which means he saw action with the BEF in France between August 5 and November 1914. Subsequenly he was transfered into the Machine Gun Corp (Calvalry)

My Grandfather's Mother

Great Grandmother Hawley of Hardingstone
family photos - D.Middleburgh

My grandfather's family came from Hardingstone in Nothamptonshire

William Morris

William Moris, my great grandfather
family photos - D.Middleburgh

William Morris, my maternal great grandfather. My mother once told me (I think) that his family originated from St Davids,Pembrokeshire

William Morris's Wife

William Morris's Wife
family photos - D.Middleburgh

My maternal great grandmother My mother couldn't remember her name but she did remeber that her grandparents lived in Wolverton, Buckinghamshire (corner house , Young Street - now demolished)

JE Hawley out of Uniform

JE Hawley  out of Uniform
family photos - D.Middleburgh

My grandfather at peace (well out of uniform) Could have been taken before, during or after WWII (I think just after)

Lizzie Hawley (nee Morris) about late 60's

Lizzie Hawley (nee Morris) about late 60's
family photos - D.Middleburgh

My Grandmother, Elizabeth Hawley taken in Northampton in late 60's

Uncle Norman

Norman Hawley, Merchant Navy
family photos - D.Middleburgh

uncle Norman, my mother's younger brother was in Merchant Navy during WWII, He immegrated to New Zealand after WWII

Lizzie Morris as a girl

Lizzie Morris as a girl
family photos - D.Middleburgh

My maternal grandmother Lizzie had 2 older brothers. Jesse and Roland, and at least 2 sisters one of whom died

Kate Morris

Kate Morris
family photos - D.Middleburgh

Kate Morris, my grandmothers older sister

Rowbottom's

Rowbottom's
family photos - D.Middleburgh

Kate married into the army as well but to an officer - Captain Rowbottom (here with daughters Phyllis and Ruth) They also has a sone Teddy and daughter Kitty

D Middleburgh

D Middleburgh
family photos - D.Middleburgh

Modesty prevents me from commenting



posted by David Middleburgh on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 Permalink